The Director directs the implementation of strategies, operations and policies for the media company. This role is focused on the working with trader leadership in defining the strategy for the network. Then is responsible for implementation of the strategy
This role will research and work with leadership in formulating short/long term plans and strategies designed to provide maximum growth for the media company. This role acts as the leader to develop and implement goals, policies and strategic objectives, identifies opportunities to enhance engagement (viewers, prospects and clients), researches OTT innovations trends that influence media growth and research external and internal distribution opportunities,
This leader plays a key role in implementing and managing various aspects of the media company; content, daily production, control room and talent management, global programming development, distribution, viewer experience technology, content strategy and social outreach. This individual provides thought leadership and communicates and substantiates the business value through development, deployment and management of network programming and content while providing visibility and validation that deliver on the expectations of the strategic business goals. This role is tasked with creating a vision for the media company and ensuring the execution of that vision.
This individual will work with appropriate principals in the trader group to synthesize ideas, thoughts, metrics, and analytics into succinct and executable strategic plans designed to grow and optimize our viewer/client across a wide range distribution channels. This candidate will be a confident, exceptional communicator who has high level experience in critical thinking and is capable of collaborating within a matrix organization to achieve buy in for initiatives and drive efficient and expeditious implementation.
• Make decisions that implement the strategic direction of the network; including content and show development, distribution and digital footprint; and ensure the execution of this strategy
• Liaise with trader group leadership team to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives
• Establish weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual viewer engagement goals and objectives for the Network; lead the implementation of measuring and achieving goals
• Lead the growth of the network’s key success metrics; viewership, engagement,
• Ensure that the content (written, video, social etc.) developed by are both compatible with the media company’s goals but also those of the current viewer (educational, retail and trader) base with the focus on the future needs of the viewer base and potential viewers as OTT trends evolve and viewer/client segments grow.
• Coordinate with supporting business functions to ensure alignment; Legal (internal and external counsel), Compliance, Supervision, Public Relations and Marketing in their ongoing support of the network strategy (initiatives and planning activities, including annual business planning, goal setting and forecasting, initiative prioritization and performance tracking)
• Oversee assessment of performance and project delivery of OTT application & website
• Listen to the end customer (internal and external) to develop both relationship and cooperative building of product and offering
• Ensure the build out of core platforms (the network infrastructure, asset management system) back-end applications (meta data) and websites to support the media company
• Continuously look to advance technology offering, assessing external competitors as well as the innovation landscape on an ongoing basis to continuously improve the network offering.
• Engage with API team to help prioritize APIs (i.e., RSS, scheduler) to support internal and external distribution opportunities; including but not limited to; the network sites (i.e. Asia) Yahoo Finance, Alexa
• Oversee project delivery of new studio locations over time (i.e., Chicago , JC)
• Define the strategy and work with Business partners to ensure execution for distributing digital content produced by the network across internal and external distribution channels
• Identify and develop external organizations to strengthen relationships and establish partnerships to enhance the network’s position domestically and internationally
• Identify unique audiences reached through each distribution opportunity and provide the appropriate content to meet the audience need
• Management of the media company organization, includes and not limited to; talent, control room production staff, content production, producers, engineering, graphics,
• Seek to continuously improve communication and education of associates and business partners of the network in order to foster understanding of the value proposition, capability and drive growth in conjunction with the goals of the greater organization.
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships internally and in the external business community by role modeling the cultures and values of our organization.
• Experienced leader, relationship building & mentoring skills with the ability and desire to drive change and issue resolution
• Demonstrated people skills including the ability to motivate, inspire and lead subordinates, and work together
• Must possess diverse knowledge of broad financial markets, product offerings including but not limited to Securities, Options, Futures and Forex.
• Ability to design and oversee implementation of strategy to foster operational procedures to enhance capabilities across product offerings
• Able to develop, coordinate and execute a financial, operational and strategic analysis of current and proposed business initiatives
• Client-facing experience; identifying innovative technologies, solution execution.
• Ability to assess and evaluate opportunity, advanced problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Previous success in execution, and delivery, ability to drive projects/programs to success
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Collaborative leader, always looking to enhance leadership skills, implements feedback
• Values diversity and is able to work co-operatively with people from many backgrounds, interests and attitudes